Welcome to the Nurse Aide program at Kaua'i Community College!
This program prepares entry level nurse aides to provide care to the elderly, ill, and disabled. The program prepares nurse aide for employment under the supervision of a licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, or physician in skilled nursing, long term, assisted living, clinics, hospitals, and home settings. After successful completion students are eligible to take the State of Hawaii Nurse Aide certification exam.
Program Admission Requirements
Qualified for ENG 100L.
Basic Life Support CPR certification.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the nurse aide as a member of the health care team.
- Provide safe, basic, culturally relevant nurse aide care to clients in various health settings.
- Demonstrate effective basic nursing skills, appropriate to the nurse aide role.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written format with clients, families, and other members of the health care team.
- Describe and adhere to ethical and legal principles that guide nurse aide care.
- Identify emotional and physical needs of clients and optimal ways to meet them.
- Identify and demonstrate appropriate professional conduct in various health care settings.
- Describe and demonstrate basic problem-solving skills appropriate to nurse aide practice.
- Demonstrate effective use of equipment to provide safe nurse aide care.
- Apply knowledge and skills learned to resident care in clinical settings.
GUIDED PATHWAYS TO COMPLETION
Please click on the degree or certificate name to expand the tab to read