WELCOME TO THE MATHEMATICS PROGRAM AT KAUA'I COMMUNITY COLLEGE!
The Mathematics ASC is designed for students interested in studying additional math, beyond what is required for their current degree program. Students in this program may opt for a broad study of math, taking a variety of 100-level courses such as Survey of Mathematics, Math for Elementary Teachers, or Statistics and College Algebra. This pathway offers students an opportunity to explore multiple areas of mathematics that will help them develop critical reasoning and quantitative skills to better understand the world around them.
Other students in this program may wish to pursue a path that will prepare them for further study in STEM fields, such as, but not limited to, Engineering, Computer Science, or Biology. These students may choose to take courses including College Algebra, Precalculus, as well as Calculus I, II, III, and IV. Taking these courses prior to transfer will allow students to fulfill STEM program prerequisite requirements as well as provide students an opportunity to learn higher level math in an environment with low class size and the support of dedicated teaching faculty.
Program Admission Requirements
Admitted to Kaua'i Community College.
To meet graduation requirements, all programs require a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher for all courses applicable toward the degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply abstract and quantitative reasoning skills to solve mathematical problems.
- Communicate mathematical concepts coherently, clearly, and precisely in various ways such as symbolically, graphically, numerically or verbally.
GUIDED PATHWAYS TO COMPLETION
Please click on the degree name to expand the tab to read
Note that at least one of the following MATH courses is required for any pathway including the options below: MATH 103, MATH 140X, MATH 241, MATH 242, MATH 243, or MATH 244.
- Option 1 – STEM College-Ready sequence: MATH 103, MATH 140X, MATH 241, MATH 242 (15 credits)
- Option 2 – Calculus -rReady sequence: MATH 241, MATH 242, MATH 243, MATH 244 (14 credits)
- Option 3 – Non-STEM exploration sequence: MATH 100, MATH 103, MATH 115, 103, and MATH 140X (13 credits)
- Option 4 – Elementary Educator Specialization: MATH 100/MATH 115, MATH 103, MATH 111, and MATH 112 (12 credits)
Total credits 12-15