Send Required Documents by Deadlines
- University of Hawaii System Application Form (on-line)
- Pay $25 Non-refundable Application Fee (on-line)
- University of Hawaii Supplementary Form for Undergraduate International Applicants (by mail)
- Evidence of Financial Support in English (by mail)
- Transcript from the last school you attended (directly sent by school)
- Kauai Community College Health Clearance (by mail) (*TB clearance can be done after arriving in US)
- English Proficiency Test Score (directly sent by testing organization)
Apply for F-1 Visa with Form I-20 and Plan Your Travel
- If accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter and a form I-20 by mail. You will need the form I-20 to apply for a student visa (F-1)
- Get visa photos
- Complete an on-line visa application by going to the website of US Embassy/Consulate in your home country
- Set up an visa interview appointment at US Embassy/Consulate nearest you
- Purchase your air ticket to Kauai after you get your visa
- Arrive in time for student orientation
Purchase Health Insurance
- Purchase comprehensive health insurance that covers the entire period of your enrollment
- Make sure that your plan fulfills the minimum coverage requirement (International student insurance)
- Bring a proof of insurance coverage to the Admissions and Records when you arrive in Kaua'i
- Set up an appointment to meet with your International Student Advisor (Mr. Wade Tanaka) to talk about your classes
- Schedule placement test by calling Counseling and Advising Office: 808.245.8212
- Schedule your Tuberculosis (TB) test at KCC Wellness Center by calling: 808.245.8307
- Log on to MyUH and create username and password by going to http://myuh.hawaii.edu. Your UH number is found on your acceptance letter
- Do you have housing arrangement?
- Do you have transportation arranged for the day you arrive?
- Visit Admissions and Records to notify your arrival and submit a copy of your insurance policy
- Visit Wellness Center for TB Clearance
- Meet with International Student Advisor (Mr. Wade Tanaka)
- Attend New International Student Orientation & New Student Orientation
Take Placement Tests
- Bring your Photo ID, UH ID Number and a jacket (it may be very cold)
Register for Courses
- Consult with International Student Advisor
- Make sure you have 12 credits or more for Fall/Spring semesters
- Only 3 credits or 1 on-line course is allowed to fulfill the 12 credit requirements at any given semester
Pay for Classes
- You have the option to pay online with a credit card or in person at the Business Office by the published Payment Deadlines.
- You can also pay by Flywire
- For more information on payment methods, please go to UH Financial Management Office.
Buy Books and Supplies
- Go to the Kaua`i Community College Bookstore to purchase your books for courses delivered from Kaua`i Community College.