Welcome to Disability Services at Kaua'i Community College!
- Kauaʻi Community College is committed to providing all students with equitable access to its programs and services. For disability accommodations, please contact our Student Counseling Office at 245-8212 or 245-8314 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Disability Service office is located in the Student Counseling Office in the One Stop Center. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact our Disabilities Services Coordinator well before services are needed to provide ample time to review and verify requests.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AND MEET WITH THE DISABILITY COUNSELOR AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE
- IDENTIFY YOURSELF as a student with a disability
- PROVIDE CURRENT DOCUMENTATION about your disability from a qualified professional, which includes information about how your disability affects your ability to learn
- ENGAGE IN AN INTERACTIVE PROCESS to help the Disability Counselor determine reasonable accommodations for your disability
- BRING YOUR ACCOMMODATIONS FORM to your instructors before the start of class
- HAVE A CONVERSATION with your instructors about your accommodations so they know how best to assist you
- RETURN TO THE DISABILITY COUNSELOR BEFORE THE START OF EVERY SEMESTER to renew your accommodations.
- Note Taking Service, Readers, and Scribes
- Alternative Format for Instructional Materials
- Testing Accommodations
- Priority Registration if physical access is a concern
- Priority Seating
- Assistive Technology
- Accessible Tables and Chairs
- American Sign Language Interpreters
SERVICE ANIMALS ON CAMPUS:
If you are a student requiring the assistance of a service animal, please notify the Disability Counselor by calling 245-8212 or 245-8314.