Am I Eligible to Apply for Financial Aid?
- You must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) or pass the Compass Placement Test with the Department of Education's approved scores. UPDATE: Students who begin a program for the first time after July 1, 2012 MUST have either a high school diploma, homeschool credential, or GED to be eligible for financial aid.
- You MUST be accepted or enrolled as a CLASSIFIED student seeking a degree or certificate at Kaua'i CC. Applicants who have listed majors of Unclassified or any Certificate program that requires less than 16 credits and/or is less than 15 weeks will NOT be eligible for Financial Aid.
- Kaua'i CC must be listed as your "Home Campus" and you must register for at least one credit at Kaua'i CC.
- You MUST meet the terms of Satisfactory Academic Progress. The minimum grade point average (GPA) required is at least a 2.0 for most awards.
- You MUST be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements above, your next step is to apply. If you have any questions or need help, contact the Financial Aid Office.