Admissions Requirements

Please complete and submit the following documents to the Admissions and Records Office by the application deadline. If you have any questions, please e-mail the Admissions and Records Office at

  • University of Hawai‘i System Application Form (on-line)
  • University of Hawai‘i Supplementary Information Form for Undergraduate International Applicants (mail)
  • Evidence of Financial Support in English (mail)

Schools are legally required to verify funding information before issuing an I-20. Please submit a bank letter or balance statement issued within the last 6 months showing that there is enough balance to fund your tuition and living expenses for the entire period of enrollment. Submit one of the following documents:

  1. Current bank statement in US currency, or
  2. Sponsor Letter (if you are a sponsored student)
    Note: If you are a sponsored student (i.e., you will have a scholarship from your country's government or a U.S. government agency), you can provide a support letter from your sponsor that states amount of financial support and dates of award. The financial documents must be in English and clearly state your name and details about the sponsorship.

$25 Non-Refundable Application Fee (on-line payment)

Transcripts (mail)

  • Official transcript from last school you attended
  • Must be translated in English
  • Transcripts must be mailed directly from the school(s). Transcripts submitted by you will not be accepted.

Kauai Community College Health Clearances

  • The Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) must be submitted with the University of Hawaii System Application Form
  • The Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance must be issued by a US licensed medical practitioners.
  • We understand that it is hard to access US licensed medical practitioners. Students can receive the TB Clearance from KCC Wellness Center after arrival, and the result must be submitted before class registration.


All international students on the nonimmigrant student visas (F-1 or J-1) and their dependents (F-2) are required to have health insurance while enrolled.

When you arrive in US, please submit a copy of your insurance statement to the Admissions and Records. You cannot register for your classes until to you submit this document.

English Proficiency Tests

  • TOEFL: 450 (PB) / 133 (CB) / 45 (iB)
  • IELTS: 5.0
  • Eiken / STEP: Grade 2
  • GTEC CBT 900/ GTEC 946

Submit scores of a test taken within the last two years.
Scores must be submitted directly from the testing services. Score submitted by you will not be accepted.

EXEMPTION: You are exempt from taking the test if:

  • Your native language is English and you are from Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or the United States
  • You have completed three years of high school education or 30 semester credits of college level work (30 transfer semester credits for the Associate in Arts degree program) from an accredited college or university in the United States, Australia, Britain, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom or New Zealand. 
  • You are transferring from an accredited college or university in the United States, Australia, Britain, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom or New Zealand, and you have completed the equivalent of freshmen level English with a grade of “C” or better.
  • You have completed level 5 or qualified for level 6 at Global Village Hawaii (